Review for Religious serves as a forum for the discussion, promotion, and renewal of Catholic religious life. In Perfectae Caritatis, the Second Vatican Council held up five principles for the renewal of religious life:
- The following of Christ set forth in the Gospels
- Faithfully holding to the characteristics, spirituality, and work of the foundational charism
- Sharing in the life of the Church
- Promoting knowledge of the social conditions of the times and needs of the Church, and
- Union with God through the profession of the evangelical counsels.
Through its focus on these topics, the Review is a place where religious life is examined, reflected upon, and discussed. These discussions aim to foster Catholic religious life and its ongoing renewal.